Monday, February 16, 2009

Everything is Dust


I close my eyes, only for a moment, then the moment's gone
All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the Wind...
All they are is Dust in the Wind...

Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see
Dust in the Wind....
All we are is Dust in the Wind...

Now don't hang on,
Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, and all your money won't another minute buy
Dust in the Wind...
All we are is Dust in the Wind...

Dust in the Wind...
Everything is Dust in the Wind,
everything is Dust in the wind...

The wind...

With six days left until I board the plane to leave and step into another life, I'm thinking and reflecting on so many different things...people I've loved, people I've lost, people I'm going to meet, and people I'll never lose touch with. This next step in my life is of course exciting and nerve racking, but is really just another course in my road of life. I've experienced the best and the worst in my life. The best of friends, the best of traveling, the best of laughter and moments to cherish. The worst of things are just bumps along that road. It's true what Kansas said, everything, in the end, is just dust in the wind...

As I was sitting at Sonic (yes Sonic) yesterday with my mom, I had to point out that this wasn't a funeral for me. It simply is a move. Of course, that move is thousands of miles away and practically in a different world, but still just a move. It's also a move for others. A move away from seeing me everyday, from picking up the phone and calling me to tell me about the stupid driver in front of you or your day or exciting news. But, all of these moments will still happen. With or without me. That's not to say I'm not sad about not being able to share those moments with my loved ones, but I know that life will go on with or without me there to share in it....

It's amazing...it's amazing all that my friends and family can do. It's amazing, makes my heart sing...And I can't wait to share my adventures with you. I already miss all of you so very much it breaks my heart to think about it. You'll see....if it's meant to be, nothing can compare to deserving your dreams... And remember, everything is dust in the wind.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lindsay,

    Just wishing you the best! I miss you.
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoo hoo Lu Hoo! Missing you today - Wed-Feb 25. I bet you are there now....how exciting!!!!!!! I hope you can post something very soon with a picture! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete