Monday, May 4, 2009

AC.. Glorious AC!!!


Sitting in the Peace Corps office with AC is the best feeling in the whole world. You might say, well I get that everyday and who cares about sitting in an office, but oh my holy goodness. A bug-free zone without anything flying at your face and free AC???!?!?! WOW!!! That's a rare treat in Guyana.

So far my experiences have been great here. It's been a roller coaster of emotions, new faces and names, laughter, tears, frustrations, challenges, and jokes, but I have the feeling it's getting off to a great start.

Just got to my new site and although there are some obstacles and hurdles I'm having to overcome, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and these challenges will soon be met head on. Although it would take me a year to describe and detail, I can tell you that I have some amazing support through fellow PCVs, community members, PC Staff, and host family/boyfriend. Those are the things that make it or break it for me and having all of those people on my side helping me along the way is amazing in itself. PLUS... It really carries me along knowing that all the people I love and care for at home are thinking of me, because I think of them everyday too.

Ok...enough sappy talk. I've got some pics, but I want each of you to know it takes FOREVER to upload them... so this is a rare treat my friends! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment